Midwest Marxism Conference
Activists nationwide are uniting to demand justice from Gaza to Ferguson. We feel the urgent need to stand against the power of the wealthy elite who defend their unequal system with racist and miliatrized police forces, impose their interests internationally through airstrikes and armed support for dictatorships, and divide the people they rule over through institutionalized systems of sexism, homophobia, nationalism, transphobia, and racism. To build a credible challenge, we need to read
about, debate about, and learn from the struggles of the past and the political ideas formed by those who’ve fought before us.
Join the International Socialist Organization for a day-long conference exploring our radical history and the politics that inform how we organize today to win a better future.
Workshops will include:
* Socialism and Women’s Liberation
* Marxism and the National Self-Determination
* Why the Working Class Can Change Society
* Imperialism and War
* Race, Class, and Revolution
* Patterns of Working Class Revolution
* Reform or Revolution
* The United Front: Socialist Strategy and Tactics
* The Russian Revolution of 1917:When Workers
Came to Power